Friday, July 17, 2015

Good News/ Bad News

Good News: I finished my summer term of seminary, and I now have a break until September! I am eager to read FICTION, get back into a regular rhythm of blogging, and begin working on plans for a new ministry endeavor that I have brewing in my head.

Bad News: Our third application for an apartment in Lyon was denied.

Good News: Some very dear friends have offered to be co-signers for us, so our next application has a fighting chance!

Bad News: I (who almost NEVER play video games) have become addicted to a Play Station game called Hot Shots Golf. No, I don't golf in real life. But I'm beginning to understand the attraction. I'm having to self-impose limits on my gaming time, and while I can stick to my limits, I'm amazed at how confining they feel. And for the record, I totally blame Chandler, who had actually started praying that we would find a video game that I like to play.

Good News: I'm getting good at Hot Shots Golf. Yesterday I even beat David. I shot a -11 on 18 holes in Okinawa.

Bad News: My hip, which started hurting back in October, has worsened. I'm going in for an x-ray next week.

Good News: A hip x-ray in France costs 27,50€. That's a little over $30 with today's exchange rate. For reals.

Bad News: If the x-ray shows any sign of arthritis (which my doctor says is unlikely given my age, but still a possibilty) I will have to stop running.

Good News: If the x-ray shows any sign of arthritis I get to stop running!

Bad News: We won't be taking a vacation this summer--moving is our big splurge.

Good News: We still have some time off in August, which we will (hopefully) be able to use to get settled in Lyon. And exploring our new city will feel sort of like a vacation! Except the packing. I hate packing.

Bad News: I need to pack.

Good News: When all things are offered up to the Lord, bad news is made good. That's the gospel, Friends. Beauty from ashes. From video games to x-rays to packing--I rejoice, for my redemption draws near.




3 comments:

  1. Such wonderful wording...love your writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is a fun blog - in the hip thing, I'm 39 and I have slight arthritis in both hips from heavy lifting and running, good news or bad, I still run, I just have to do a lot of mobility work and take joint supplements, and my dr. says to me, "you don't have to stop doing the things you do, worst cast is you get a hip replacement in 5-10 years, recover and keep going, it's the 21st century, those procedures aren't like they used to be" - my thoughts, am I really old enough to be here with my body, and who in the world sees a hip replacement as nothing more than a speed bump

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's actually an encouragement! PM me your supplment suggestions. And yeah, the replacement thing is not something I want to rush into.

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS