Friday, April 26, 2013

Dear David,

You really are my best friend. You are that and so much more!

You are my dearest love, my biggest hero, my fiercest advocate.

You know how to be strong without being harsh; how to be gentle without being weak.

You are one of the funniest people I know, and your quiet, quick wit still catches me off guard and makes me smile.

You are book smart and situation wise, but you are never superior in your interactions with others.

When you play your guitar it makes me swoon, when you parent our boys it makes me proud, and when you hold my hand my heart still skips a beat.

Today, on your birthday, I celebrate you! I delight in you! I shout your praises!

But my words are just a humble reflection of the Lord's: He rejoices over you with singing! I hope, today, that you hear him.

Love,
Jenn

Five Minute Friday

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and a sweet spin on the prompt. Wishing for a blessed birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very special post, happy birthday to your dear hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Uncle David!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this! So sweet that your husband is your best friend. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS