Monday, November 19, 2012

Trouver un équilibre dans une vie bien remplie

I spent the weekend at a women's retreat with 19 amazing women of God. Our theme was "Trouver un équilibre dans une vie bien remplie" which translates "Finding balance in a full life." I worked with a gifted team of women to plan the retreat, and we were so blessed to see the many ways that God worked.


Meals were delicious and the hours spent around the table were rich with fellowship. There were women from four different churches in our region, and it was fun to meet new people and make new friends.


Our speaker was a gifted Bible teacher who shared rich insights. She spoke with wisdom, authority, passion, and joy--her messages were full of hope and challenge. We offered opportunities for each woman to engage with God one on one, as well as times in small groups. I am not exaggerating when I say that lives were significantly changed over the course of the weekend. Strongholds were broken, hearts were healed, and saints were encouraged.


One of my favorite parts of the weekend was the worship! Our worship leader was a talented young mom with a heart of gold and a love for the Lord. She led us right to the throne of God! I realized this month --after time at a missionary conference where worship was done in English followed by this retreat, which was completely in French--that I have made another cultural crossover. I actually prefer to worship God in French. It somehow resonates more deeply in my heart. I'm not sure when the switch happened, but I am keenly aware that it has.


One of my joys in ministry--maybe my greatest joy-- is helping people to discover and use their God-given gifts for the Kingdom. My heart was F-U-L-L this weekend as I watched my small team of leaders using their gifts to serve others for the glory of our Lord. 

2 comments:

  1. precious friend, I am glad your heart was full. Prayed for you and wished I could retreat with you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God called you to France. So the "switching" was planned long ago! My tears are for the happiness your 'calling' has brought to you and your boys.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS