Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sure

It was the final week of our study in the book of John--Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, making the well-known proclamation: I am the Resurrection and the Life, who ever believes in me will live, even though he dies.

So I asked her, "Marie, if you died tonight do you know where you would go?"

"Well" she replied, tentatively, "I hope I would go to heaven."

I reached across the table, took her hand, looked her in the eye, and said, "Do you know that you can be sure?"

Today, Marie is sure.

We prayed together, thanking God for the free gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.

Since then, we have begun a new Bible study together, called Spiritual Life Studies (Catchy name, huh?). For thirteen weeks we will examine what it means to be whole-hearted follower of Jesus and we will put into practice everything that we learn. The first week, for her homework, I encouraged Marie to share her testimony with at least one person. She shared it with two. Beyond giving her testimony, she has talked about Jesus with everyone from her grandchildren to her doctor.

Marie is sure.

Are you?

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Rejoicing with you and Marie! :) -Kate Egli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! That is wonderful! I am so happy!!! :) But her sincerity is convicting...I haven't shared Christ with anyone in the last week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely sure! So exciting! It's been neat to read about Marie's journey on your blog.

    Also, on another note, I read in the newspaper about the passing of GEM's founder. What a mighty mission he started!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS