Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Details, details

Phone rings.

I'm driving, so I ask Chandler to answer it for me.

I hear:

"Allo."

(pause)

"Bonjour"

(pause)

 "Si, mais elle conduit maintenant."

(pause)

"D'accord. Je lui dirai."

(pause)

"De rien. Au revoir."

Speaking French on the phone still makes me nervous. Chandler was completely at ease. Calm; cool; confident.

"So," I ask, "who was that?"

"I have no idea," he replies, "but you are meeting her tomorrow at 10!"

Thank you, Chandler. That's really helpful.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

PS: With a little detective work, we figured it out.

PPS: For the record, it is likely that the same thing would have occurred if the conversation had been in English. Because, you know, Chandler is not all that big on details.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, oh dear...this made me laugh out loud! :) Guys are always a little vague on the who/what/where, but the fact that it was in French - fab! :p

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS