Wednesday, February 29, 2012

C'est Magnifique

There is an older gentleman who is often at the track the same time that I am. He is the only person on the face of the earth who I have ever lapped. Today during my 10 laps, I actually lapped him twice. The second time I passed him, I asked him how many laps he runs. He answered, "twenty." Then he dared me to guess his age. I had no idea, so he told me, "Eighty-three." So there you have it. The only person that I know of who runs slower than I do is a man who is twice my age that goes twice my distance. I think it is pretty safe to say that I will never become prideful about my running.

I could, however, become prideful about my dog. She may well be the smartest, the cutest, and the most loyal dog in the whole wide world. After one week, she's practically house broken, she is unbelievably affectionate with her family, and whenever we take her out she makes friends all over Loches. Today at market, one gentleman declared, "Elle est magnifique!" I couldn't agree with him more.

You know what else is magnifique? The salmon that I made for dinner! I will post the recipe and some photos next time I make it. Flavorful, beautiful, and simple to make, I'm sure it will become a regular menu item in our home.


1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS