Saturday, May 29, 2010

Beware of Geeks Bearing Gifts

My boys (all three) just returned from a five day school trip to the Oregon Coast. Because they love me and missed me so severely, they came home bearing gifts. Thoughtful, romantic, personal gifts. Like this:

Who doesn't need a "Speek Squeek" button? This was particularly personal because my boys know that I have an irrational fear of small rodents, especially squirrels; and, they know how fond I am (not!) of creatively misspelled words. The blue and yellow are OH SO FRENCH--I am sure I will be at the height of fashion with this beauty pinned on my lapel. I honestly do not want to know what "squeeeky cheese" is. Some things are better left as mysteries.

The second gift they brought me was this:


It's always nice to know that someone thought of you when reading a label like this! Again, it has that wonderful French-y flair, for in Provence truffle hunting pigs are worth their weight in gold. I am not complaining. It was delicious. And cute, too!

Best pork I've ever eaten! And while those first two gifts were more than enough to make me feel special, they didn't stop with rodents and pigs. They finally got me the pony that I've always wanted:

POKEY! Gumby's trusty steed will set sail with us in fifty-some days. I can't wait to share their adventures with you.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Gumby and Pokey Adventures!

    I was so sad when they took away your toys in class.

    Ah, but now!

    Let the adventures begin!
    {insert short, then long, horn blast here}

    :D

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS