Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Top 10 Things I Like About Being 39

Though I was the result of an unplanned pregnancy, and though the details of my birth are fraught with controversy (mom claims I was breech, dad says I wasn't), I have always felt quite loved and celebrated as a result of my birth. Today I turn 39, and I have a lot to be happy about!

Here are the Top Ten Things I Like about Being 39:

10. It isn't 40!

9. One day I may say, "When I was 39 years old, we moved to France."

8. Paid-for cars.

7. Teenage sons! (And the daily dinner conversations that ensue) (And the rock band in my living room.)

6. Having a marriage that only gets better with age--better in every way.

5. The grey-streak in my hair.

4. A waning interest in the Pottery Barn Catalog.

3. A growing interest in eye-cream and retirement savings.

2. Finally being comfortable enough in my own skin that I can genuinely appreciate the gifts and talents of others.

1. No matter how old I get, I'm still a child of God!

1 comment:

  1. Happiest of B-days Jenn! with much love! L & J

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS