Tuesday, December 1, 2009

10 Totally Honest Truths

I was tagged in my niece Sarah's blog to participate in the "ten totally honest truths about me" game. In an effort to make it interesting, I will attempt to list 10 totally true things that most of you do not already know about me. Since my life is pretty much an open book, this will, indeed, be a challenge.

  1. I was born in Pontiac, Michigan, but I secretly wish I was a Native Texan, because native Texans are some of the coolest people I know. Since I spent my formative years in San Antonio, I remain an avid Cowboys fan, a collector of James Avery Jewelry, and a lover of the symbolic lone star.
  2. I drove my car at 100 miles per hour just to see if I could. It was about three years ago when driving to Montana with my kids. The boys had to blab to David about it, so he took the car to 110 on the same stretch of road during a different trip--just to beat me. I would try to reach 115, but David doesn't let me drive to Montana anymore. He's just scared I'll beat his record.
  3. I once saw an angel. He looked a lot like Shrek--only he wasn't green and he didn't have horns.
  4. When our house flooded, there were two things that I lost that made me cry: my piano and a cross-stitched nativity with a felt board that my mother-in-law made for the boys when they were babies.
  5. I am adventurous in all things, save one: the selection of ice cream at Baskin Robbins. I always, always, ALWAYS get mint chocolate chip. I sometimes consider getting something different, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
  6. I don't like watermelon. It's has practically no flavor and a totally disgusting texture. It is the only food I don't like. Except raisins. And raw celery. But that's it.
  7. I haven't been to a dentist in 8 years. I brush like a maniac. I floss daily. I hate dentists. BTW, I take my kids faithfully every 6 months. And yes, they are aware of the hypocrisy.
  8. Sometimes (when I am home alone) I eat Nutella directly out of the jar. Othertimes, I eat peanut butter--Jif. Or Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel. Or marshmallow cream. And then, of course, I brush my teeth. Well, not really. That was a lie I made up to prevent any of you from suggesting that I see a dentist.
  9. David says I snore. I'll have to take his word for it. But I do find it strangely disappointing to know this about myself. I don't want to be a snorer. On the bright side, I really don't sleep very often, and since I only snore when I sleep (I think), it can't be all that bothersome.
  10. My hips pop.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jenn... I haven't been to a dentist for a cleaning in longer than I care to remember. I was in a few years ago for an emergency procedure and promised to come back for a cleaning but alas here it is several years later and I've not made that appointment. I also hate dentists and am a good brusher. And I have a GREAT and gentle dentist. But I had a really awful experience (different dentist) about 7 years ago and since then I just have this phobia. I've had major surgery and been opened up with a midline incision over 9" long NINE times and almost died twice and that does not scare me but going to the dentist scares the you-know-what outta me.

    So, you're not alone!

    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hips pop? What kind of anti-climatic #10 is that? :p
    It was fun to read those - thanks for doin' it!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS