Monday, September 14, 2009

Full

A couple of weeks ago Graham ordered a one-pound hamburger with a side of fries. He ate the whole thing, and then had a pineapple milkshake for dessert.

Graham has a huge appetite and a non-stop metabolism, but for once in his life--for a brief, shining moment--he was full.


Today I feel full. I had a weekend that was loaded with all of my favorites, and I am not just talking about food.

The women with whom I spent the weekend are awesome women of God, and I was blessed to learn from them, laugh with them, and be loved by them.

My mother-in-law came from Montana to hang out with us and to teach one session at the retreat. She was such a gift to all, with her joyful participation, her wise inspiration, and her hilarious competition--a bubble blowing contest.

Other women taught and led and prayed and cooked and hiked and played and blessed and gave. We were all anointed...commissioned for another year of serving the Lord in ministry.

I have an almost insatiable appetite for friends and Jesus...but for one brief, shining moment, I, too, am full.

Then again, I might still have room for a milkshake.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you had such a
    fun-'filled' weekend my friend. Sounds decadent.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS