Monday, June 15, 2009

Not My Finest Parenting Moment

Yesterday, after a wonderful worship service at Gold Hills Missionary Baptist Church, we spent some quality time together as a family. During a game of Hearts, Graham and I got in to a little spat. He had a bad attitude. And I, well, being the parent and all, responded in an honorable way (NOT!). Actually I flicked water on him and threw a deck of cards across the table. I know. Very mature. After I stormed out of the room, David (the responsible parent) had a nice, long conversation with Graham.

Within half an hour Mr. Bad Attitude had turned it around, and he came to me to be the first one to apologize. He outdid me in grace. Wow. I am blessed, but I wonder, when will I ever grow up?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe your mom used to throw water on your dad, therebye sending you mixed signals about maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel too bad... I once got so upset I hid in our closet, on floor... in the dark. I can't even remember what I was so upset about. I only remember feeling so silly for being so frustrated ;)

    {{{Big Hug}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have our stories... Bret is fond of telling anyone (and everyone) of the time I was so frustrated with him that I pushed him out of the house on a cold, snowy day. Just DONE with the kid!! The scene was further enhanced by my also tossing out his coat, gloves and hat--- but hitting him in the head with his snowboots! My finest parental hour...

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS