Thursday, October 16, 2008

Must. Blog. About. Debate.

I wasn't gonna do it. Didn't want to touch it. Couldn't even watch the whole thing. But I just can't let it go.

Sigh.

That's all I can do. It's either sigh or swear, and seeing as I now work at a church, swearing is out. So I sigh.

Sigh.

Did you hear McCain call Sarah Palin "A bresh of freth air?" Ironically, I think that's the best description of her I've ever heard. Can't wait to see what SNL does with that one.

Sigh.

Anyways, can someone tell me why Obama is so smug? His arrogance pains me. Yes, I think he's smart. Yes, I think he is well spoken. But I simply don't agree with one iota of his agenda, no matter how pretty he makes it sound.

Sigh.

And can anyone tell me why McCain is so spiteful? Why is he trying to sling mud? Doesn't he realize he's getting more dirt on himself than on his opponent? And besides that, I still don't feel like I have a clue about what his agenda actually is.

Sigh.

Lord, help us. Really. That is my prayer. Lord, help us!

2 comments:

  1. So my thoughts are generally these: I'm not an Obama fanatic, but I do agree with many more of his ideas than McCain. McCain I really supported in 2000 against Bush, but he's become a lot more conservative since then. He also chose Palin as his running mate - which now makes me actively scared of him becoming president (because then she might become president).

    But my burning question is this - we scour the country for the best-of-the-best to send to the Olympics, why don't we do the same for President? I don't want a President I'd like to have a beer with - I want a President who's smarter than me. I don't want a smug, over-confident President, but one who's wise enough to admit mistakes and learn. At the end of the day, I think most Americans don't care enough - and I'm just about upset enough over people not turning out to vote I'm ready to instate a fine a la the Australians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I suppose I will reluctantly chime in. I don't really want to be anonymous, but I cannot seem to remember my username and password - this is barbara . . I also pray for us all, and that has led me to feel encouraged and positive about Obama's candidacy and potential presidency. I did not interpret Obama's behavior in the debate as smug, but I didn't find him necessarily appealing in the debate. I do quite agree with many of his ideas and policies and for me he seems like an answer to prayer. I expect he is one of God's instruments of peace and compassion. Still on my knees. I am sure God will help whoever is elected.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS