Thursday, July 17, 2008

WIPEOUT

I am not really much of a TV watcher. It either bores or offends me most of the time, so I just don't bother with it. (Of course I should mention we don't have cable, because if we did, I could watch HGTV 24/7) But last week David was out of town, and in lonesome desperation, the boys and I turned on the TV one evening. There was this show on ABC called Wipe Out where contestants compete in practically impossible obstacle courses to win $50,000. The show lives up to its name, as most participants seriously wipe out and end up covered in mud, suds, or water. Then of course there is the replay of all the wipe outs, complete with commentary by the funny and rarely inappropriate hosts of the show. Now to tell you the truth, I don't think that I would have liked the show had I been watching it alone, but watching it with two pre-teen boys was entirely entertaining. They were laughing so hard, that I caught myself being amused. I'm just waiting for one of them to start creating their own obstacle courses in the yard...perhaps I should increase my insurance policy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS